Friday, September 26, 2008

Commitment 2: Game for Good

There’s a game that exists to feed starving countries, but it’s flawed. First, it’s not registered as a charity and that leaves it open to suspected income gain. Second, it doesn’t teach people how to correct the growing problem, it only provides a temporary solution. Feed people as much as you can, but don’t teach them how to feed themselves. Why not?
I am spending this semester devoted to the sustainable needs of Africa, and from what I’ve learned they are very developed in sustainable practices, they just don’t have the money or knowledge to make happen on a large scale. They are influenced by visitors because they have not kept up technologically as a nation. Therefore, to really make a difference, the visitors need to be educated in a way that consumes both responsible parts of their lives, as well as recreational. I propose a game-for-good that uses modern advertising technology. I propose Seed Feed, and I am committed to at least flush the idea out. Perhaps it will become something if I can clearly explain its purpose and it’s intrigue.

No comments: